Thursday, August 18, 2011

18 weeks... this and that!

It was Miss Molly's 3rd birthday and so Toby and I headed south for the four hour drive to go to her birthday party.  It was our first weekend away without daddy, our second weekend away ever.  I can tell you it was a looooonnnng drive :) Toby tends to sleep for one cycle of say 40 minutes, which I call an hour, and then be awake for about an hour.  When he wakes, I normally feed him, so effectively he is having booby every two hours or so.  If we are out and about I can easily enough stretch him out to three hourly, which is more what "they say" he should be doing.  I was a bit of a nasty mama (no comment required :)) though and pushed him out for the whole trip, not feeding him until we got to our (first) destination.  He did well, considering.  And he did brilliantly all weekend really.  He is such a beautiful little settler and sleeper. 
So, we finally got to give Nanny and Poppa a wake up call.  Toby is so happy in the mornings...


He also had his first pony ride.  Well, first sit on a pony!  This is Sammy, my mum's miniature pony.  He's pretty placid and a bit of a cutey.  Behind him is Charlie, another miniature but only a yearling, so he's not interested in human contact, let alone being touched by a baby!



Miss Molly's birthday blew Toby out of the water!  I'm sure he didn't manage to be out of bed for more than ten minutes at a time.  He was just so enthralled by all of the activity, his cousins, the sights and sounds, so he kept hitting the wall and needing to take a break for a bit!

He wore his "black tie" outfit which arrived in the mail the day before - talk about good timing!  Thanks to Lori for this gorgeous outfit (and a few others that I'll hopefully get to post photos of as the weather warms up!)!



But nothing will ever change the fact that there will forever be one missing...


No comments:

Post a Comment