Sunday, December 9, 2012

This kid.

This kid. He drives me insane, cracks me up and amazes me all in one.

Let me tell you.

We have pretty much no cupboards here. Imagine it. It'll give you grey hairs. Now put a (much loved, and known blessing) toddler in the equation who grows an inch a day and has go go gadget arms.

Today he discovered he can get into two new drawers, that have bits and pieces in them that desperately need a clean out but I struggle to know where to put the pieces! So.... My "girls" hammer. Screws and nails. That kinda stuff. And no easy way to lock off the drawers.

But five steps behind his daddy today, he went to the drawer. Took out a Tape measure. Just like his daddy. Came and measured the coffee table. Just like his daddy just did.

The look of earnest and concentration. Priceless. As they say.

Ten minutes later? He was skipping his way around the dining room. Skipping? Well, it took me a little while to work it out but this week at music we skipped. Mummy skipped (oh what a sight) an Toby held my hand and was dragged along. And now? Three days later, he skips. Melt my heart.

I miss my four year old and the things he might be doing.

2 comments:

  1. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I can see Toby in my mind, copying daddy. So beautiful.

    I think of Ciaran often. <3 I don't visit blog world very much anymore, but I do pop in from time to time. I love seeing your pics up on Facebook. Beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete