Thursday, May 5, 2011

30 days old - a photographic post...

We're getting the odd smile these days.  This isn't one.  Not really.  The ones I'm talking about are the ones that take over his whole face.  It could light up the world.

I can tell you that I've cried tears over those smiles.  I'm getting a bit more used to them now.  But I can tell you that when they first started coming there was more than one occasion where my echoing big grin quickly became me bursting into tears.  How can something so beautiful be so sad at the same time? 

I guess it's like our old adage "happy for you, sad for me".  It's a conflict of emotion. 


Of course there are probably more of the funny faces, like this one, coming through at the moment.  The ones that say... "Daddy, what the...???"  Catching a real smile on "film" is an art in itself (and I haven't managed to get it right yet), but I certainly have plenty of funny faces!!


Mind you if I could put a camera in Toby's hands, I'm pretty sure he would come up with more embarrassing funny faces of mummy and daddy, than we could come up with of him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment