Saturday, June 25, 2011

Today is...

... Sunday.  No special Sunday.  Maybe I will call it pyjama Sunday.  Cos it's looking like I might not get out of them!  I decided that I really wanted to get my blog updated today, so here I am.  It's not going to happen - I have photos to post, but they are on the other computer, but I at least wanted to touch base and put some words here.

:::

I've probably unpacked a total of two boxes in the past week.  Hindered by the overwhelming problem of where to put things.  I've put all of Toby's things away - he's the only one of us who has enough drawers and a wardrobe!  I need to find a toy bin that can live in the lounge as I'm feeling a bit sad that not only does he not have a lovely nursery to call his own (which he wouldn't actually care about at all right now), but also that all of his toys are away.  Again, he probably doesn't care right now, but it kinda sucks.  My almost three year old has never played with them either.... you see where I'm going with this!

But, on my good days I can see that eventually the house will be organised and quite nice, albeit still small.

:::

Our new stove arrived and is (currently) mouse free!  Noice!!

:::

On the mouse thing I had a bath/shower encounter one day this week when I walked into the bathroom to shower and found a mouse trapped in the bath jumping and flicking around trying to get out.  Thankfully, Shane was home at the time, so he caught it and called the cats.  Catfood mouse.

I also had an incident where I spotted one run from the kitchen into our bedroom (where Toby was sleeping).  It was behind Shane's tall boy, so I removed the bottom drawer and found it hiding back there so called Shane.  Once more, luckily he was here.  After a bit of kerfuffle he caught it by the tail and... well, catfood!  I can tell you that our outside cats, Pirate and TC - the hunters!! are just loving it here and come running every time we walk out the door.  My old indoor cat, Razzy, on the other hand... he's shown some interest from time to time, but I think Jerry (or is it Tom) would have to run right up to him and tickle him on the nose for him to even think about catching one of these mice!

Whilst I had that drawer pulled out I noticed mouse poo on Shane's good jumper that I had just washed (due to mouse poo) earlier in the week.  Unimpressed I can tell you. 

We are at our wits end with this mouse plague.  Numbers in the house seem to be reduced, but that's not really saying anything at all.  There are still way too many in here, we're just not seeing them as much.

:::

Toby update?  Well, he's growing like a mushroom really.  He's now in the 000 clothes and I've packed everything smaller away.  I've split his 000 stuff in half though as some are bigger than others, and those ones are still too big for him. 

He suffers terribly from reflux poor young 'un.  I self-diagnosed it early on when someone gave me a document detailing acid reflux symptoms and I could tick even the obscure off.  But my own mum made me doubt my intuition and made me feel guilty for giving him anything to try to help.  By "anything" I mean that we had tried G.ripe water, Brauers Stomach Calm, and Infacol.  I also had a trip to the GP with him who was extremely unhelpful and I ended up just asking for a script for Zantac!  I ended up stopping the Zantac as he hated it and it didn't seem to really help.  Now though I'm wondering if it's worth getting the dose age adjusted and trying it again, or even just asking for the next one up the list, Losec.  I'm not keen on using any medication to be honest, but the acid reflux is just cruel :(

He's just started sleeping all through the night, which is just wonderful.  Last night he was down at 7pm and would normally go through until 11.30, but reflux had him up for a while at 9.30, and was then up again at midnight but I didn't hear from him again then until almost 7am so there are no complaints from this mama!

:::

I dropped a clanger this week at my new mother's group get together.  They had a guest speaker from CAMH - childhood and adolescent mental health.  She was talking about how we are feeling with all the changes to becoming a mother and all of that, and wisely (or not) thought she would pin point me on that not note.  So, I told her simply that my story in that regard is probably a little different to the other girls in that my first son died shortly after he was born full term. 

Isn't it "funny" when you see that one hit the faces of those around you?  It could be something out of a road runner cartoon where some Acme item is dropped from a great height onto the coyote.  I can tell you that her mouth hung open for a long second, the moment of silence was a long one, and her thought bubble would have read something along the lines of "Oh Shit!!  Why did I pick HER to ask".

But did I care?  Nup.  It's my story.  If you have ears, I'll tell you about it. 

:::

Turns out I don't have anything much worth writing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment